[Project management] in Console has two subsections: [Project list]and [User management]. One company can have multiple projects on VeChain ToolChain™. The enterprise admin can set the number and type of users based on business need.
[Project list]in [Project management]
Click [Project management]-[Project list]to view all projects’ names and status. More information about the project is available by clicking [Details].
When setting up a new project, you will need to select a business process template. You can choose[Standard Process]or[Customized process]in[Project list].
*[Standard Process]is standardized traceability process developed by VeChain based on their long-term experience with enterprise customers in different industry verticals. This standardized traceability template has been validated through tracing products as diverse as clothing shoes and hats, food and beverage, alcohol and spirits. This is the default process for all ToolChain users. Click [General Traceability Process]->[Confirm]to use it.
* If your business requires a more complex process other than[Standard Process], you can contact VeChain for professional help and have your [Customized process]template developed on your behalf.
Project Management → Project List
After selecting [Standard Process], please follow these steps to proceed:
Create a project: choose [General Traceability Process]-> [Use]. Once the project is initiated, you can conduct internal operations in [Project list]such authorizing different users, and authorize external third-party services (such as certification or verification services).
General Traceability Process
Click [User access(internal)]to authorize and assign users to collect different data points (based on appropriate access rights). You can set users one by one or by group.
* Set users by group: once the project is initiated, go back to [Project list]->[Details]->[Authorize by group]->[Select the user], click all the users you need to authorize.
Authorize by group
Set users one by one: edit the user authorization as “view” or “operate”. “View” has read-only access, “operate” has both read and write access.
Set users one by one
- Third Party Services
“3rd Party Services” grants third-party service providers the permission to access (and by extension, verify) a particular datapoint in the traceability process. We have been cooperating with several third-party agencies (such as DNV GL) to provide diversified and professional verification services. If you would like to know more about third-party services, please contact email@example.com.
To utilize third party service providers for data verification, a business must submit an application and be approved by the provider. Accessing third party verification is not guaranteed, and the providers reserve the right to decline to work with you.
The process to select and authorize third-party service providers is as follows:
* Apply for third-party verification services to your business:
Click [Add]to involve an external verification company (pic 1), select your preferred service provider, and select which data points you wish to authorize for verification (pic 2).
Pic 1: add external service provider
Pic 2: set the data points authorization
After your configuration is completed, the third-party external verification company will receive your service application, and will check and confirm whether to accept your application. When your application is accepted, the designated data points will be automatically sent to the service provider, and you can view the results at Workspace.
VeChain ToolChainTM sets four roles of users in accordance with business needs:
- Viewers (who have information access),
- Operators (who have access to project information and authorization to operate),
- Approvers (who have access to project information and authorization to conduct review), and
- Supervisors (all access).
The admin can check permissions of each role in [view detail] or check each role of users in 【view user】
Four roles of users
- In the users list, the admin can enter the name/username to search; or fuzzy search the users; or enter status, roles, starting time or ending time of work.
- Click [New user]to add and authorize a new user. This will cost 1 TCC.
- Once a user is created, the password will be sent automatically to the admin’s email. You can click [Proceed now]to be redirected to [Project list], and edit the user’s authorization.
- Click [Details]to view or edit the user’s basic information and authorization. Click [Reset the password]to change the password for the user’s account. The new password will be sent automatically to the admin’s email.