Click【Enter project】in【Internal project】 to be automatically taken to the SKU management view where you can manage and collect the SKUs related to the project.
In the【General traceability process 】template, the product information will be recorded at 6 data collection points:
- Create new SKU,
- Bind the SKU,
- Customized display information,
- Bind group,
- Unbind group,
- Create traceability information (shown as the buttons on the left).
Click 【Create SKU】->【Add】to complete the SKU form including SKU code, product name, description, SKU image, product parameters, and product files. Sections with an asterisk are mandatory. And the SKU form support multi-language collection, there are 18 kinds of language to choose.
Please note that:
- Each SKU is unique, and there will not be any duplicate SKU in the system.
- Only jpg/png images within 10MB, 6(H):7(W), will be accepted.
- You can add up to 50 product parameters.
- When you finish filling in the form, click 【Preview】to see how it is displayed to the consumer.
Preview on App
- Click 【Submit】to upload the SKU to VeChainThor Blockchain. When the status turns to Success, your SKU has been successfully uploaded. This upload consumes 1TCC.
- When the SKU information is uploaded successfully, you can click【Data on the blockchain】to view the records.
- Go back to 【Create SKU】to view the SKU list
- If you need to update an existing SKU, you can click【View more】 and scroll down to choose【Update】. Every update will cost 1 TCC, and will be recorded on VeChainThor Blockchain.
- You can view or edit SKU draft in 【View more】->【Update】. For all SKU information updates, you can choose 【Save as draft】【Reset】or【Submit】. Every update will cost 1 TCC, and will be recorded on VeChainThor Blockchain.
- Seal: if your product is no longer being produced or sold (end-of-life), the admin can【Seal】the product. Once sealed, no further operations are available (unless unsealed). Please note that only the admin can seal/unseal a product.
- Unseal: if the same product is being produced again, it can be unsealed to resume SKU management.
- Any new SKU will not be displayed to end users directly. You can choose to display it publicly in 【Display setting】, and select the information that you want to share.
- Once you have selected your display setting, click【Preview】to see how it looks on the webpage.
- In the display setting, you can click【Add】 to update the display with additional information or remove information accordingly.
Customized display information
You can go to 【Customized display information】 to design a unique landing page seen by your customers. Select the SKUs that need customized information. You can only upload jpg/png images within 10MB, 6(H):7(W), and MP4 videos within 30MB. You can add or delete the images, videos, and websites. Once the information is ready, click 【Preview】to see its display. The new page can be saved as a draft and be edited later.
If you would like to bind the products with tags (QR codes or chips), there are two options: 1. Bind through webpage. 2. Bind on VeChain Work App.
Here are the steps to bind through webpage:
- Create SKU: click【Bind SKU】->【Bind SKU】and enter the VID list.
- In the VID list, you can click【+】to select the order that needs to be bound with SKU，and choose the quantity of VIDs.
Select the order that needs to be bound with SKU
Select the quantity of VIDs
- You can 【Enter VID】, or 【Select VID】to bind it with the SKU.
- Click【Submit】to confirm the chosen VID; or click the drop-down box to choose the SKU. You can save the draft, submit, reset, or go back any time during the operation.
- Click【Save as draft】to go back to 【Bind SKU】, and your draft is saved in 【View more】. Click 【View more】to enter the VID list again. You can【Update】the SKU here.
- Click 【Submit】to confirm the binding of the VID to the SKU. Please make sure the information in VID fits the product. Several minutes after the submission, go to 【Bind SKU】 to see the status. 【Success】indicates it has been uploaded on the blockchain.
View the status of SKU binding
- If you would like to view the operation history and data on the blockchain, please click for this SKU【View more】
- View the history of a bound SKU: enter【Bind SKU】to see all projects related to this SKU and their operation history. You can also filter or search by the SKU status, verification status, starting time, and closing time. Please note that if you have been using the VeChain Work App to bind SKUs, and your operations are not visible on this page, please view the operation history using the VeChain Work App.
View the history of bound SKU or search history records
During the delivery process, there will be occasions where many products are packed into a unit or many collections of boxes are packed into a vehicle. For example, wine is packed a dozen bottles in a box. When this happens, you need to【Bind group】, that is to bind VIDs of each wine bottle with the VID of the box, so that you can collect data via scanning the VID on the box and update it to each VID on the bottle. Please note that group VID cannot bind to a SKU, it only binds to the product.
【Bind group】can be accessed by webpage and the VeChain Work App. Here are the instructions for group binding via the web page:
- Click【Bind group】-【Add】and enter the name of the group, such as box/second grade, pallet/third grade, car/fourth grade. After you submit all the Parent VIDs and Sub VIDs, click【Submit】to bind.
- Add a Parent VID in an existing order, then select other VIDs to bind with it as Sub VIDs. You can also enter existing VIDs to bind with it.
- View the information on【Bind Group】: After you submit the binding, it will be processed by the system. When the status turns “Success”, the binding operation has been recorded by the blockchain. You can see the details in【View more】. Please note that: if you have been using the VeChain Work App to bind VIDs, and your operations are not included in this page, please view the history using the VeChain Work App instead.
Please make sure you have completed the unbinding appropriately before the next user accidentally updates incorrect traceability information to the group of VIDs. It’s irreversible in both data upload and TCC consumption perspectives. Can you unbind groups via Workspace or VeChain Work App.
Instructions for how to unbind groups via Workspace is as follows:
- Click【Unbind Group】- enter the name of the group and select the bound Parent VID and Sub VIDs -> click【Confirm】
- When the status displays “Success”, the unbinding is completed by the system.
You can add new traceability information using the web page or the VeChain Work App. Here are the instructions for adding traceability steps via the web page:
- Create traceability information:
Enter 【Create traceability information】-> click【Add】-> edit the name of traceability, select traceability information and VIDs to be traced -> choose the responsible department -> set track time, latitude, longitude, image, video and other files.
- View the traceability information: after you finish inputting the display information, click【Submit】. Once the status reads “Success”, the new traceability information is uploaded onto the blockchain. You can see all the details in【View more】. Please note: if you have been using the VeChain Work App to collect traceability information, and your operations are not included on this page, please view the history using the VeChain Work App.
- Update traceability information: after the traceability information is uploaded onto the blockchain, you can see the details in【View more】. You may 【Update】 that information if needed. Click【Submit】to confirm your edits.