In real business scenarios, enterprise users are dealing with various business processes. VeChain ToolChain™ intends to help enterprise users achieve the transparency, openness, and visualization of data that they want to share with key stakeholders, and help businesses save development and labor costs to do so.
Based on our extensive experience implementing multiple different business applications, VeChain ToolChain™ provides a standard tool, called Process Builder, that can help you quickly get a tailor-made blockchain-enabled business process.
Through a simple drag-and-drop design, Process Builder can help enterprises to quickly sort out business processes and achieve the visualization of key data to stakeholders in accordance with their actual needs. The Process Builder is composed of a built-in Standard Traceability Process template, a data collection process (DCP), a data collection unit (DCU), a language package, and a customized display page.
- Data Collection Process (DCP) represents in the VeChain ToolChain™ system a key stage in the actual business process of the enterprise. Several DCPs form a process flow.
- Data Collection Unit (DCU) is the minimum data unit that contributes to a DCP. These DCUs need to be collected and uploaded to VeChain ToolChainTM. DCUs in the Process Builder contain numbers, text, time, options, combinations, related files, and several other categories. Several DCUs form a DCP.
Before you enter [Builder], it is suggested to sort out your actual business process, and plan which valuable data that you want to collect in ToolChain and which stakeholders, if any, you want to share specific data with. For example, you may want to gather information from all suppliers but only share specific information with your consumers.
Only the admin account can enter [Builder] to customize and edit the process.
The Process Builder is accessible by clicking [Builder] from the left menu after logging into [Console].
Click [Create Process] to start creating a new process. Enter [Process Name], [Description], [Select Template] and [Default Language], and finally click [Create] to complete. The newly created process can now be viewed in the process list.
[Select Template] provides three options:
- New Template: a fully blank process template that allows the admin to define DCPs and DCUs from scratch.
- General Traceability Process: a default process template in which the system will automatically set all default template DCPs into the process. You can add, delete, or edit these DCPs as desired.
- Customized Process: Customized Process is the choice you make to open a template you have already made in the past. When you select the Customized Process, the system will automatically duplicate all DCPs in the new template, and you can add, delete, or edit these DCPs.
*How to create a blank template?
Step1. Create Process: select blank template, click [Details] to enter the process builder.
Step2. Click [Add] to create new DCPs.
Step3. Select suitable DCPs for your business (from template DCPs provided by VeChain and/or customized DCPs). You can add, delete, or edit these DCPs and save your edits.
Once finished, all the processes are drafts, which requires you to [Submit]. After the successful submission, you can proceed to [Language] and [Activation setting].
You can manage all the processes in Process Builder. Click [Details] to edit.
You can edit [Basic Information] in [Details], including Process Name, Status (Active/Disabled), Description, and more.
Version Information doesn’t refer to the version of the software, rather, the version of the customized process. Every process can be upgraded, you can view all the versions of each process. Versions are numbered V1.0, 2.0, etc. The entire lifecycle of the process includes creating, enabling, and disabling.
Structure of process
Version management rules:
- Each process could have several versions. You can select the latest one in Console.
- Additional version edits are based on (and made to) the most recent version.
- The process version can also be upgraded during its operation. Please note that before updating, you need to go to the Console to disable the version you are using.
- The version updates support adding DCPs and adding DCUs.
- The version updates do not support the deletion of DCP nor DCU.
- The version updates support changing the setting of DCUs.
Version Updates Operation
When the current DCP / DCU does not fit your process, you can use [Add] to create a new version based on the current process and then edit it. Please note that the current DCPs or DCUs in the original version process cannot be deleted and can only be edited based on the original version.
After the editing, you need to [Submit] to enter [Language] and [Customized Display Page].
Please note that when you have finished setting the new version, please return to Console and complete the process upgrade in [ Project Details-Basic Information]. Otherwise, the new version will not be applied to the project. For details, please go to the project management in Console.
Language should be set after you submit the current version, which includes the Process Name, DCP information, DCU information. Currently, VeChain ToolChainTM supports Chinese and English language versions.
Please note that when you need to enter the process content, if you only configure one language, when you switch the language of the system, the process menu language will not change accordingly.
The specific setting steps are shown in the figure above
If you want a display page to display product-related information to end users, you need to set up the display page.
Content configuration: create a display page name; check the DCPs and DCUs (as shown below).
You can design and complete the configuration based on your product features, enterprise values, and other information. VeChain provides web SDKs to help you realize joint extraction and debugging of data. You can check the instructions of the Web SDK here.(link to development tool websdk)