Click [Enter] on the page of Internal Project (as shown below) to enter [The Project Information Management] and set the Data Collection Points (referred to as DCP).
Take [General Traceability Process] in [3rd party process] as an example: Click [Enter] to see the project information management, including two main sections - DCP management and Landing page list.
”DCP management” contains 6 DCPs: Create SKU, Bind SKU, Customized Display Information, Bind Group, Unbind Group, and Add Traceability Information.
Click [Create SKU]->[Add] to complete the SKU form, including SKU code, product name, description, SKU image, product parameters, and product files. Sections with an asterisk are mandatory. Please note that:
- Each SKU is unique, and there will not be any duplicate SKU in the system.
- The size of the image is limited to <10MB, jpg/png file format only.
- You can add up to 50 product parameters.
- Click [Submit]to upload the SKU to VeChainThor Blockchain. When the status turns to Success, your SKU has been successfully uploaded. This upload consumes 1TCC.
- When the SKU information is uploaded successfully, you can click [Data on the blockchain] to view the records.
- If you need to update an existing SKU, you can click [View more] and scroll down to click [Update]. This submission consumes 1 TCC, and will be recorded on VeChainThor Blockchain.
Update SKU - 1
Update SKU - 2
- You can view or edit the SKU draft in [View more]->[Update]. For all SKU information updates, you can choose [Save as draft], [Reset] or [Submit]. Every update will cost 1 TCC, and will be recorded on VeChainThor Blockchain.
- Archive: if your product is no longer being produced or sold, the admin can [Archive] the product. Once archived, no further operations are available (unless unarchived). Please note that only the admin can Archive/unarchive a product.
- Unarchive: if the same product is being produced again, it can be unarchived to resume SKU management.
- Any new SKU will not be displayed to end users directly. You can choose to display it publicly in [Display setting], and select the information that you want to share.
If you would like to bind the products with tags (QR codes or chips), there are two options: 1. Bind through webpage. 2. Bind on VeChain Work App.
Here are the steps to bind through webpage:
- Create SKU: click [Bind SKU] -> [Bind SKU] and enter the VID list.
- In the VID list, you can click [+] to select the order that needs to be bound with SKU, and choose the quantity of VIDs.
Select SKU in the drop-down menu
- You can [Enter VID], or [Select VID] to bind it with the SKU.
Considering that some professional third-party logistics companies scan labels using an infrared scanner tool, VeChain ToolChain™ also supports infrared scanner mode. Reference operation methods are as follows.
- Click [Submit] to confirm the chosen VID; or click the drop-down box to choose the SKU. You can save the draft, submit, reset, or go back any time during the operation.
- Click [Save as draft] to go back to [Bind SKU], and your draft is saved in [View more]. Click [View more] to enter the VID list again. You can [Update] the SKU here.
- Click [Submit] to confirm the binding of the VID to the SKU. Please make sure the information in VID fits the product. Several minutes after the submission, go to [Bind SKU] to see the status. [Success] indicates it has been uploaded on the blockchain.
View the status of SKU binding
- If you would like to view the operation history and data on the blockchain, please click for this SKU [View more].
- To view the history of a bound SKU: enter [Bind SKU] to see all projects related to this SKU and their operation history. You can also filter or search by the SKU status, verification status, starting time, and closing time. Please note that if you have been using the VeChain Work App to bind SKUs, and your operations are not visible on this page, you will need to view the operation history using the VeChain Work App.
View the history of bound SKU or search history records
- Click [Tag setting] -> [Landing page selection] to select the landing page that presents the VID which has been bound with the SKU.
Please note: the landing page needs to be created using [Landing page list].
- Export bound SKUs: Click [Export] to download the VID list for QR code printing.
Customized display information
You can go to [Customized display information] to design a unique landing page seen by your customers. Select the SKUs that need customized information.
You can only upload jpg/png images within 10MB, and MP4 videos within 30MB. You can add or delete the images, videos, and websites. Once the information is ready, click [Preview] to see its display. The new page can be saved as a draft and be edited later.
During the delivery process, there will be occasions where many products are packed into a unit or many collections of boxes are packed into a container or shipping vessel. For example, wine is packed a dozen bottles in a box. When this happens, you need to [Bind group]--that is to bind VIDs of each wine bottle with the VID of the box, so that you can collect data via scanning the VID on the box and update it to each VID on the bottle. Please note that group VID can not bind to a SKU, it only binds to the product.
[Bind group] can be accessed via webpage and the VeChain Work App. Here are the instructions for group binding via the web page:
- Click [Bind group] -> [Add] and enter the name of the group, such as box/second grade, pallet/third grade, container/fourth grade. After you submit all the Parent VIDs and Sub VIDs, click [Submit] to bind.
- Add a Parent VID in an existing order, then select other VIDs to bind with it as sub-VIDs. You can also enter existing VIDs to bind with it.
- View the information on [Bind Group]: after you submit the binding, it will be processed by the system. When the status turns “Success”, the binding operation has been recorded by the blockchain. You can see the details in [View more]. Please note that if you have been using the VeChain Work App to bind VIDs, and your operations are not included in this page, you will need to view the history using the VeChain Work App instead.
Please make sure you have completed the unbinding appropriately before the next user accidentally updates incorrect traceability information to the group of VIDs. It’s irreversible in both data upload and TCC consumption perspectives. You can unbind groups via Workspace or VeChain Work App.
Instructions for how to unbind groups via Workspace is as follows.
- Click [Unbind Group]- enter the name of the group and select the bound Parent VID and sub-VIDs -> click [Confirm].
- When the status displays “Success”, the unbinding is completed by the system.
You can add new traceability information using the web page or the VeChain Work App. Here are the instructions for adding traceability steps via the web page:
- Create traceability information:
Enter [Create traceability information] -> click [Add] -> edit the name of traceability, select traceability information and VIDs to be traced -> choose the responsible department -> set track time, latitude, longitude, image, video and other files.
- View the traceability information: after you finish inputting the display information, click [Submit]. Once the status reads “Success”, the new traceability information is uploaded onto the blockchain. You can see all the details in [View more]. Please note: if you have been using the VeChain Work App to collect traceability information, and your operations are not included on this page, you will need to view the history using the VeChain Work App.
- Update traceability information: after the traceability information is uploaded onto the blockchain, you can see the details in [View more]. You may [Update] that information if needed. Click [Submit] to confirm your edits.
Landing Page List
Go to [Landing page list] to design a unique landing page seen by your customers. Select the SKUs that need customized information and the time to make them public.
- Click [New] to create a new page, and choose Landing page name, Select SKU, Activation content page. Click [Confirm].
- You can set the displable information in [Landing page list] and bind VID with the page in [Tag setting]:
Activation content page - publish setting
- When you finish filling in the form, click [Preview] to see how it is displayed to the consumer.
Preview on App
Click [Default landing page]. The VID bound with the SKU will be attached to the landing page automatically, with no requirement for further manual operation.
If a SKU has multiple landing pages, you need to bind the SKU with each landing page manually.
Default landing page