- General Blockchain-as-a-Service ("BaaS") is one of the three product subscription types in VeChain ToolChain™.
- BaaS is an expressway to the VeChainThor blockchain as it is used as a gateway service to access on-chain smart contracts (e.g. NFT, FT, hash, etc) in a traditional restful API manner.
- This implies that the clients need to have full-stack software development resources to build out a functioning application with certain system actions connecting to VeChainThor blockchain via BaaS gateway.
Companies of all sizes aim to
- Keep business raw data confidential within its own applications
- Develop sophisticated applications with a set of defined business logic that's tailored-made for how you run your business and use cases
- Since BaaS is serving as a gateway to VeChainThor blockchain, the use case is industry agnostic.
Unique Selling Points
- Interacting with blockchain and smart contracts without being subject to fluctuating gas prices;
- All smart contracts are executed through restful API; and
- Forecast-able transactions and transaction costs in fiat currency.
The system modules within the BaaS product subscription type include, but are not limited to, the below:
- Hash data on-chain storage
- Non-fungible token minting and transfer
- Fungible token minting and transfer